Everyone is excited that spring is finally here and that the warmer weather has arrived! One of the great long standing traditions in Brooklin has been the Brooklin Spring Fair. This year marks the 102nd year for the Fair and the community is excited! I have had the pleasure over the years in sponsoring various areas within the fair, volunteering during the fair as well as helping to organize the parade for the last few years. There are so many dedicated volunteers that work tirelessly to bring the Fair to Brooklin each year.
I am excited to share with you that our Brooklin Spring Fair Decorating Contest is back again and we invite you and your family, or local business to participate. It’s a great way to showcase your creativity and also you can win some great prizes as well! Please visit the weblink for more details about the contest and about Brooklin Spring Fair Weekend.
I hope to see you & your family out and about during Fair weekend – I do hope that you will consider entering your home in the contest!
Home & Garden Decorating Contest
Help celebrate the 102nd Brooklin Spring Fair by decorating your home, garden or business!!
All residents and businesses of Brooklin are eligible to enter
~ CASH PRIZES ~
1st Prize – $150.00 (Residential)
2nd Prize – $125.00 (Residential)
3rd Prize – $100.00 (Residential)
1st Prize – $150 (Business)
1. Fair theme must be visible – “Brooklin: A Place to Grow”.
2. Do not use any materials or procedures that will damage your property.
3. Decorations must be visible from the road or to the public, and must remain on display until Monday May 27, 2013.
4. By entering this competition you agree to have pictures of your property published on the Brooklin Spring Fair website and in the local newspaper.
5. You must register with the Brooklin Spring Fair to be eligible for judging and prizes.
6. Decorations must be in place by noon on Saturday, May 25, 2013.
7. All residents and businesses of Brooklin are eligible to enter.
8. Winners will be announced at the Official Opening in the Arena on Thursday May 30th.
1. In the afternoon of Saturday, May 25 judging teams will travel to all registered homes / businesses to judge their decorations.
2. Each judge will assign a score on each of the following criteria. The scores will be submitted to the Outdoor Decorating Committee for counting. The high / low scores will be eliminated and the final winner will be determined.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
*Complexity of design
*Quality of the finished product
*Appeal to multiple generations
*Representation of the Fair theme “Brooklin: A Place to Grow”
To register your home, garden or business e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday May 18, 2013!
Blog brought to you by: Sue Pitchforth, Principal Decorator/Stager , Phone: 905-999-5615, Email: email@example.com, www.aroomforchange.ca