The latest craze is Kettlebells. All over North America, competitions are blooming and people are swinging like crazy. Swinging off major pounds, toning their body and getting super fit with a fun effective workout that costs little but gives you maximum results.
Kettlebells are popular for a variety of reasons;
• They combine a cardio and strength workout all in one, so no need for long hours in the gym.
• Only a few easy to learn moves will give you an amazing workout.
• You need only have a few Kettlebells to get a great workout, a light weight and a heavy weight. Women could start with a10lb and a 20lb Kettlebell. Men a 20lb and a 30lb Kettlebell.
• The kettlebell swing works 80% of the muscles in your body ? Including your Abs and back muscles.
• You will soon notice a better range of motion and increased flexibility
• Increased strength without increase of mass. Kettlebell exercisers are lean and toned, not bulky—a benefit that appeals to women and men alike.
• Enhanced performance in other sports
• Major calorie burning (In a recent study conducted by the highly respected American Council on Exercise, participants burned approximately 20 calories per minute–that’s 1,200 calories per hour.)
There are 2 types of Kettlebells, classic and pro-grade, which ever you decide, make sure the handle is smooth and moves easy in your hand. Take a lesson or two to learn proper technique.
Sheree Nicholson, owner of www.livewithspirit.ca is a certified Kettlebell Trainer and has competed in several North American competitions placing 2nd and 3rd in her categories. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Blog brought to you by Sheree Nicholson, Live with Spirit, www.livewithspirit.ca, email@example.com